Book Review: Forever Loved: Eve's Story by Joanna May Chee

Dear Friends,

I so enjoy reading books about people from the Bible, particularly the women of the Bible, who I believe have so much to teach us about what it means to know God and to be known by God. So, when I heard that Joanna had written this book I was keen to learn how I could be involved and I joined her 'Forever Loved: Eve's Story' Launch Team. I was not disappointed when I read her book. I only wish it could have been longer! 🙂 

Forever Loved: Eve's Story is a creative retelling of Genesis 1 - 5, told through the eyes of Eve. It's a beautiful retelling of her story and she really comes to life within the pages of Joanna's book. We get to see just how much Eve is loved by her Papa. Throughout her story, we see God's father heart and his unconditional, endless, love for Eve. We see the special relationship she has with her Father and how he lovingly draws her back to himself as he forgives her. There is pain and heartbreak, but also joy and hope in her story. Always at the centre is the message of God's love and acceptance.

There is a real depth to Eve's Story with so much more to it than can be discovered from just one reading. As I read it I would stop to highlight anything which caught my attention, things which spoke to my heart and things which I wanted to think more on once I had finished the book. Ordinarily, I don't tend to do this with fiction books. But, in my opinion, this book is more than that. 

Although it is an imaginative retelling, Biblical truth is intertwined throughout the book. For me, this is what makes it even more compelling reading. The themes of love, grace, mercy, forgiveness, relationship, restoration which are major themes in the Bible, can all be found in this book too. 

This book is not just Eve's Story – it is ours too. Yours and mine. I see my story in Eve's. My need to be loved and accepted. My need for security, self-worth and significance. My feelings of brokenness, pain, shame, guilt and rejection. 

There is hope for Eve, a hope that is met in the forever love her Papa gives her. There is hope for each of us too. We can receive from God our Father the same love Papa gave Eve. The wonderful truth is that God sees me and you as his cherished children and he longs for each one of us to know him as our loving Father. He meets our deepest need and he draws us closer to himself. He heals our brokenness and restores us.

I was also inspired by Eve's Story. I love God my Father and I know he loves me. But I'm hungry for more. Hungry to know him more deeply, more intimately and to know more and more the love he has for me. The good news is that this is possible for me and for you. And as I seek to draw closer to God, he draws closer to me. 

This book, I think, will be more popular amongst women than men because the main character is a daughter. I would recommend it to any woman, whatever stage they are at in life, whether they are taking their first steps to discovering God as their Father or are further along in their journey. I believe it could be especially helpful for those who struggle to know God as their loving Father. If like me, your desire is to know God at a deeper level, then this book is for you too. 

Although I do believe this book will be more popular with women, this is not to say men will not enjoy reading it because at the heart of us all is a desire to be loved and accepted for who we are and this book tells us how that desire can be met through knowing God as our loving Father. 

You and I can experience for ourselves what it means to be "forever loved". This is the message behind Joanna's book. 

The publication date for Forever Loved: Eve's Story is Tuesday 27th February 2018. It is on special offer from Tuesday 27th February - Saturday 3rd March from Amazon: £5.99 paperback and £2.99 eBook (after which prices will increase by £2. Check it out here


It can also be bought from other websites, such as Eden, Wordery and Waterstones.



Joanna is a daughter of God, wife, mum, author, blogger …
In her own words: "I have a wonderful husband, and four lovely kids (ages 18, 17, 14 and 12).

It’s my heart and passion to encourage and inspire mums (and moms). 

It’s my heart to meet with God in the midst of being a mum and wife, and help you do the same. 

It’s my heart to see YOU set free into all that God has for you, as a woman, as a mum, and as a precious daughter of God." 


You can connect with her in the following ways:

On these sites Joanna shares her books, courses, blog posts and resources.)

http://joannamaychee.com/forever-loved-eves-story/ (you will also find purchasing options for her book on this page)

Vicki


Comments

Popular posts

Do You Know You Are God's Prized Possession?

You Are The Apple of God's Eye

You are God's Favourite

The Apprentice Prayer

The Blessing Of Pain

The Teacup Story

"God Is Taking Everything Away From Me"

Mary and Elizabeth's Friendship

Set Your Sights on the Realities of Heaven

Do You Know That God has Tattoos?